TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Thursday, November 15, 2007
London (ANI): Actress Jessie Cave has bagged the role of Lavender Brown in the next Harry Potter film. The 20-tear-old will star as Ron Weasley's girlfriend in the new movie. Earlier, for the role, the producers had held an open casting call for 15-18 year old girls saying that experience was needed.
Announcing the auditions, director David Yates had said that the auditions were open to all. "These auditions are open to everybody and we can't wait to see who comes in the door. Normally I have all these casting agents sending me kids who have been to stage school and who come in tap-dancing and singing," the Daily Snack quoted Yates, as saying.
Because of this reason, around 7,000 hopefuls queued for hours in a bid to win the role but Cave, who is two years older than the age stipulated at the audition, landed the role. The producers of 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" described the actress as 'a pretty and lively girl who loves to be the centre of attention".
Cave is also a trained tap-dancer, along with ballet, jazz, hip-hop and modern dance. The actress will also appear on TV in new CBBC drama Summerhill, and on the big screen in forthcoming film Inkheart opposite Dame Helen Mirren.