TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro officially launched
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
London, (ANI): Chinese action hero Jet Li became the highest earning actor in a Chinese-language film after raking in a whooping 100m Yuan (6.5m pounds) for his latest movie. The 'Hero" star will receive the amount for his role in The Warlords, a war epic based on a Qing Dynasty story.
He also held the previous salary record for his role in the 2002 film Hero, where he earned 70m yuan (4.6m pounds). The director of the film Peter Chan said that without Jet Li they wouldn"t have dared to invest such a raking amount.
"Without Jet Li, we would not dare to invest 300m yuan in a Chinese-language film," BCC quoted the director as telling Xinhua news agency. The former national kung fu champion made his name in Hong Kong films in the 1990s before moving on to Hollywood, where he starred in films including Lethal Weapon 4 and Kiss of the Dragon. He is currently filming The Mummy 3, playing a resurrected ancient Chinese emperor. The Warlords is due to be released in Asia in December.