TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Nissan Motors Chairman & Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn Arrested For Misrepresenting Funds
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- Deepika Padukone's Mangalsutra Gets All The Attention — Here Are The Pics
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Thursday, February 08, 2007
JK Rowling is "heartbroken" after finishing the final Harry Potter book. The author, who recently announced she had completed 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows', says she has been in mourning since concluding the series. Rowling wrote on her website, www.jkrowling.com: "I always knew Harry's story would end with the seventh book but saying goodbye was just as hard as I knew it would be. Even though I'm in mourning, I feel an incredible sense of achievement. I can hardly believe I have finally written the ending I've been planning for so many years. I have never felt such a mixture of extreme emotions in my life, never dreamed I could feel simultaneously heartbroken and euphoric."
Rowling, 41, says there is one thing that stopped her from "collapsing in a puddle of misery on the floor" - knowing the book is the best one yet. She explained: "While each of the previous Potter books has strong claims on my affections, 'Deathly Hallows' is my favourite, and that is a wonderful way to finish the series. "If it comes as any consolation, I think that there will be plenty to continue arguing about, even after 'Deathly Hallows' come out. So do not despair." Rowling, who became the world's first billion-dollar author after the series sold an estimated 325 million copies worldwide and were adapted for the big screen, has revealed at least two characters will die in the final instalment. 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' will be released on July 21
Justin Timberlake, Scarlett Johansson get cozy
Drew Barrymore has no Valentine's date