TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Washington, (ANI): Brad Pitt caught the acting bug after watching John Travolta in the hit 1977 movie 'Saturday Night Fever". Pitt tells Parade magazine that the movie was a huge influence on him, and confesses that he sneaked into a cinema as a youngster to watch it. However, Pitt also reveals that it was not Travolta"s slick dance moves that had him hooked, but more the 'culture of families who argued at the dinner table and popped each other in the face".
"Saturday Night Fever was a big influence on me. It wasn't the dancing and the music I'm referring to, it was this culture of families who argued at the dinner table and popped each other in the face!" Contactmusic quoted him, as saying. "It was this whole other way of people relating to each other that I found really interesting. Films were a portal into different worlds for me, cultures I had never seen before and was absolutely taken with."
The 'Ocean"s Thirteen" star also reveals that he was impressed with the way films influenced the thinking of people, including him. "I was also taken with the power of films to define things for me that I'd not been able to define for myself. So I became an actor," he said.