TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Washington, (ANI): Brad Pitt caught the acting bug after watching John Travolta in the hit 1977 movie 'Saturday Night Fever". Pitt tells Parade magazine that the movie was a huge influence on him, and confesses that he sneaked into a cinema as a youngster to watch it. However, Pitt also reveals that it was not Travolta"s slick dance moves that had him hooked, but more the 'culture of families who argued at the dinner table and popped each other in the face".
"Saturday Night Fever was a big influence on me. It wasn't the dancing and the music I'm referring to, it was this culture of families who argued at the dinner table and popped each other in the face!" Contactmusic quoted him, as saying. "It was this whole other way of people relating to each other that I found really interesting. Films were a portal into different worlds for me, cultures I had never seen before and was absolutely taken with."
The 'Ocean"s Thirteen" star also reveals that he was impressed with the way films influenced the thinking of people, including him. "I was also taken with the power of films to define things for me that I'd not been able to define for myself. So I became an actor," he said.