TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Washington (ANI): Actress Angelina Jolie"s latest animated thriller based on a millennium old epic 'Beowulf" has not received good reviews from most of the critics. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film 'may raise the eyebrows of English Lit professors but will quicken the pulse of everyone else".
On the other hand Variety, called the flick, “sometimes stirring but ultimately soulless" and the AP opines, "Unless you're a fantasy geek...it's hard to take all this swordplay and dragon slaying seriously." And the New York Times joked about Jolie's 3-D debut, saying, "You could poke your eye out with one of those things!"
The New York Post warns that, "Angelina Jolie's role as a demon is nearly as brief as her costume," reports Usmagazine.com. 'Beowulf" chronicles the exploits of the mighty warrior Beowulf who battles the demon Grendel and incurs the hellish wrath of the beast's ruthlessly seductive mother, played by Jolie.