TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Washington (ANI): Veteran actor Jon Voight insists that he is 'heartbroken" over the way daughter Angelina Jolie and son James Haven portray him as a 'bad guy" in the media. The 'Anaconda" actor"s outburst comes on the heels of Haven"s interview with Marie Claire for the mag"s November issue, in which he said that he found it difficult to forgive Voight for putting his mother Marcheline Bertrand through 'years of mental abuse".
"I wish him well, and I hope he finds peace—but he put my mom through years of mental abuse, and it made me care especially for abandoned women and children. So, that's my religion—helping widows and orphans," E!Online quoted Haven, as telling the mag. Now Voight, in a handwritten letter obtained by E! News states that he found it "heartbreaking" that his children "want to paint a bad guy portrait of me." And, he blames this on his former wife.
"I feel it comes from their inability to let go of years of programmed anger from their mother, who understandably felt quite hurt when we divorced," he writes. "In all truth, I tried to give him and their mother continuous love and support and large sums of money. "God knows, for years I've tried to mend this relationship. Perhaps the trauma of their mother's passing has made it worse. I continuously send them my heart and love and am always available to them for whatever they need from me."
Voight and Jolie, who briefly reconciled in the late 1990s, have not been on speaking terms ever since her divorce from Billy Bob Thornton in 2002. At the time, Voight went on TV, and urged his daughter to get help for "serious mental problems" and said that she wasn't responding to his attempts to get in touch with her because she knew he was "trying to reach her to get help."