TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election Results 2018 Updates: The Numbers At This Hour And Its Still Not Final
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition India Launch — Catch The Live Stream Here
- Markets Trade Higher Post State Election Results
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- Sonakshi Sinha's Red Dress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Washington (ANI): Actor Keifer Sutherland has been arrested again for driving under the influence. The actor, who was convicted for DUI in 2004, was stopped In Hollywood, LA, after he took an illegal U turn on Sept 24. Sutherland also failed to clear a sobriety test and was booked for the offense. However, later he was released on a 25,000 dollars bail.
A court hearing has been set for October 16. The '24" star is under a five-year probation for his earlier DUI arrest and if the judge finds a violation of the terms then he is likely to face 60 days or more in the slammer. "Sutherland could get up to 60 days in jail or worse, depending on varying circumstances," People magazine quoted DUI lawyer Lawrence Taylor, as saying.
Reports also claim that that the actor has had other arrests as well in the past. In 1989, he was arrested for DUI and possessing a loaded weapon, according to CelebTV.com. Then, he pleaded no contest to alcohol-related reckless driving, and the other charges were dropped. Again in 1993, he was arrested for DUI, and pleaded no contest again. He was given the option of serving 12 days in jail or performing 211 hours of community service, and opted for the service.