TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Liz Hurley and new husband Arun Nayar arrived in India yesterday for the next stage of their lavish wedding celebrations. The couple - who tied the knot in a secret ceremony in Gloucestershire on Friday - flew to Mumbai for a traditional Indian ceremony. Liz, 41, and Arun, 42, are expected to attend a formal black-tie party tonight, hosted by Indian socialite Parmeshwar Godrej, before travelling to Jodphur tomorrow where festivities will continue at the Mehrangarh Fort. A source told Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "There will be Bollywood songs and dancing. The men will be in formal dress and change into traditional costume for the wedding after that."
Liz will be 'cleansed' with a turmeric, milk and cream paste before the wedding. Arun will arrive on a white horse, and the couple will walk around a sacred fire seven times. Guests include Sir Elton John, Janet Street Porter and Liz's ex Hugh Grant - who did not attend the low-key civil service in England on Friday.
Liz, who wore a white Versace wedding dress for the English ceremony, will wear outfits created by Indian designer Rohit Bal in India. Bal revealed Liz will change her clothes at least three times a day during her stay. He said: "It's not every day you get married - and it's not every day you get married to Liz Hurley."
Courtney claims saw drugs at Paris's party
Cameron Diaz caught kissing