TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- How To Use Essential Oils For Skin Care?
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Washington (ANI): Hollywood actors Morgan Freeman, Naomie Harris and David Harewood have been honoured at the Screen Nation Film and TV Awards in London. The even took place on Monday, Oct 15. Freeman bagged the Outstanding Contribution To Film And TV gong, while Harris was awarded the Best Female Film Performance for her role in Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and its sequel, At World's End.
Harewood picked up the Best Male Film Performance gong for 'Blood Diamond", reports Contactmusic. But, the even turned out to be a platform for Ghanian producer Charles Thompson to launch a scathing attack on the U.K. film industry. Thompsion said that U.K is having a "drain on black talent" since black actors are heading for the U.S. to get decent acting roles. He pointed to Thandie Newton and Marianne Jean-Baptiste as examples of British stars, who have moved to America for the sake of their careers.