- Kareena Kapoor Out! Parineeti Chopra Roped In For Golmaal 4!
- Rajinikanth Effect! Rohit Shetty Moves Golmaal 4 To A Different Release Date?
- 10 Shocking But Funny Character Names In Bollywood Movies
- It's Official! Golmaal 4 To Go On Floors Next Year
- Telangana-Seemandhra Movements Take Toll On 10 Telugu Biggies
- Pictures: 10 Big Telugu Movies Releasing In August
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
New York (ANI): It looks like Nicole Kidman's latest film "The Golden Compass,' will not help the actress boost her career graph.
Kidman's latest flicks like "The Stepford Wives," "The Invasion," "Bewitched," "The Interpreter," "Dogville" and "Fur,' have fared badly at the box office.
And her latest film, based on the first book in Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy, has received negative feedbacks as well.
"It is a 175 million dollar investment for New Line Cinema, which has been hurting ever since 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy," the New York Post quoted an insider, as saying.
"People working on the movie say it is just plain bad,' the insider added. The source said that the movie depends too much on computer-generated images and may slip with its talking, armored polar bear.
However a New Line rep defended the project, saying, "That's bull.
The rep cited a quote from Ted Cooper, the senior vice president of Regal Entertainment Group, who saw the movie at the Showeast convention.
'Cooper said, 'Golden Compass has been on my radar for nearly a year now. I perceive this as one of the most important films to play throughout the holidays,'' the rep said.