TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Celebrity socialite Nicole Richie's trial on charges of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol has been postponed to August 16 so an expert defense witness can attend.
Lawyers for the co-star of The Simple Life television show won the delay at a hearing at Glendale Superior Court in suburban Los Angeles.
Richie, 25, who could face a jail sentence ranging from four days to one year if convicted, was not required to be present. Richie is the daughter of singer Lionel Richie and stars in The Simple Life with hotel heiress Paris Hilton, who spent three weeks behind bars last month for violating probation in a drunken driving case.
Police said they stopped Richie after she was seen driving the wrong way on a Los Angeles freeway.
Media interest in Richie's case has spiked after celebrity magazines reported she is 3 months pregnant and plans to marry her boyfriend, Joel Madden, vocalist for the band Good Charlotte. Richie's publicist has declined comment.
|Also read... |
Reese asked to get pregnant
Brangelina want 14 kids
Angelina to bed Pierce Brosnan
Kate Moss devastated
Lapland beckons Pamela