- Kate Hudson Finds Oprah Winfrey Inspirational In Terms Of Body Positivity
- Disney's A Wrinkle In Time To Get The Biggest Production Incentive
- Oprah Winfrey To Star In Big Screen Adaptation Of 1963 Fantasy Classic, A Wrinkle In Time
- Impressive! Oprah Winfrey Earns $12 Million With Just One Weight Watchers Tweet!
- Shocking Stories About Celebrities Who Have Been Sexually Abused
- Danny Pintauro Reveals To Oprah That He Is HIV Positive For 12 Years Now
Monday, November 19, 2007
London (ANI): Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey has announced that Welsh author Ken Follett's novel 'The Pillars of the Earth' would be her latest book club pick. With the declaration, the sales of the historical novel are likely to grow many folds. Follett has called the novel, which is about a building of a cathedral in Kingsbridge, England, his favourite novel.
According to Follet's website, the book still sells around 100,000 copies a year in the US alone. On his website, the writer wrote that his publishers were apprehensive about both 'The Pillars of the Earth' content and its length, which is 973 pages. But after coming out, the novel became Follett's best-selling work.
"My publishers were a little nervous about such a very unlikely subject but paradoxically, it is my most popular book," the Daily Snack quoted him, as stating on the website. "It's also the book I'm most proud of. It recreates, quite vividly, the entire life of the village and the people who live there. You feel you know the place and the people as intimately as if you yourself were living there in the Middle Ages," he said.