TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Monday, November 19, 2007
London (ANI): Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey has announced that Welsh author Ken Follett's novel 'The Pillars of the Earth' would be her latest book club pick. With the declaration, the sales of the historical novel are likely to grow many folds. Follett has called the novel, which is about a building of a cathedral in Kingsbridge, England, his favourite novel.
According to Follet's website, the book still sells around 100,000 copies a year in the US alone. On his website, the writer wrote that his publishers were apprehensive about both 'The Pillars of the Earth' content and its length, which is 973 pages. But after coming out, the novel became Follett's best-selling work.
"My publishers were a little nervous about such a very unlikely subject but paradoxically, it is my most popular book," the Daily Snack quoted him, as stating on the website. "It's also the book I'm most proud of. It recreates, quite vividly, the entire life of the village and the people who live there. You feel you know the place and the people as intimately as if you yourself were living there in the Middle Ages," he said.