TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Monday, November 19, 2007
London (ANI): Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey has announced that Welsh author Ken Follett's novel 'The Pillars of the Earth' would be her latest book club pick. With the declaration, the sales of the historical novel are likely to grow many folds. Follett has called the novel, which is about a building of a cathedral in Kingsbridge, England, his favourite novel.
According to Follet's website, the book still sells around 100,000 copies a year in the US alone. On his website, the writer wrote that his publishers were apprehensive about both 'The Pillars of the Earth' content and its length, which is 973 pages. But after coming out, the novel became Follett's best-selling work.
"My publishers were a little nervous about such a very unlikely subject but paradoxically, it is my most popular book," the Daily Snack quoted him, as stating on the website. "It's also the book I'm most proud of. It recreates, quite vividly, the entire life of the village and the people who live there. You feel you know the place and the people as intimately as if you yourself were living there in the Middle Ages," he said.