TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Melbourne (ANI): Sam Raimi has dismissed reports that he will be helming 'The Hobbit", insisting that Peter Jackson is the best one to handle the project. The 'Spiderman" director was said to be in the running to direct the movie following Jackson"s problems with New Line. However, Raimi insists that he will not be directing the movie version of the prequel to JRR Tolkien"s literary series 'The Lord of the Rings".
"There's no better choice to direct 'The Hobbit' than Peter Jackson. I'm a fan of 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy and Peter Jackson's a brilliant filmmaker and he would be the guy I think everybody would love see direct it," Moviehole quoted him, as telling Coming Soon. “And I hear [New Line and Jackson are] talking, too, from what I read in the trades, I don't really know first hand, hopefully he will direct it and give us his great version of it."
However, that doesn"t mean that Raimi is not interested, for he revealed that he would love to take up the project if Jackson turns it down. "If he doesn't direct it and decides to produce it, I'd love to be considered as the director," he said.