TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Melbourne (ANI): Sam Raimi has dismissed reports that he will be helming 'The Hobbit", insisting that Peter Jackson is the best one to handle the project. The 'Spiderman" director was said to be in the running to direct the movie following Jackson"s problems with New Line. However, Raimi insists that he will not be directing the movie version of the prequel to JRR Tolkien"s literary series 'The Lord of the Rings".
"There's no better choice to direct 'The Hobbit' than Peter Jackson. I'm a fan of 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy and Peter Jackson's a brilliant filmmaker and he would be the guy I think everybody would love see direct it," Moviehole quoted him, as telling Coming Soon. “And I hear [New Line and Jackson are] talking, too, from what I read in the trades, I don't really know first hand, hopefully he will direct it and give us his great version of it."
However, that doesn"t mean that Raimi is not interested, for he revealed that he would love to take up the project if Jackson turns it down. "If he doesn't direct it and decides to produce it, I'd love to be considered as the director," he said.