TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Friday, July 20, 2007
Hollywood actor Pierce Brosnan is set to be the new voice of Thomas The Tank Engine. The former James Bond will narrate the children's classic, Thomas&Friends, following in the footsteps of Ringo Starr, George Carlin, Alec Baldwin, Michael Brandon and Michael Angelis.
"One of my fondest memories as a father was sharing the stories of Thomas the Tank Engine and watching the series with my children when they were young," the Mirror quoted Brosnan, as saying. "I am thrilled by the opportunity to be the narrator for this beloved series, following in the shoes of so many famous names, and helping introduce Thomas and friends to many more generations of children," he added.
The 54-year-old actor has already started recording his first scenes, and will make his debut on DVD Thomas&Friends: The Great Discovery, which is produced by HIT Entertainment, and is slated for an autumn 2008 release.
"To say we are thrilled that Pierce Brosnan is the new narrator of Thomas&Friends is an understatement. Pierce brings a wealth of acting experience to the role, as well as a unique voice that children and parents around the world will recognise and trust," HIT Entertainment's Chief Executive Bruce Steinberg said. "Pierce's contribution will go a long way in maintaining this iconic character as one of the most loved children's brands in the world," he added.
Thomas The Tank Engine is broadcast in 140 countries and the actor will voice the show in all English-speaking regions.