TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
Friday, November 02, 2007
Melbourne (ANI): 'The Scorpion King" star Dwayne 'The Rock" Johnson is teaming up with director Peter Segal for a film version of “Captain Marvel". However, IESB.net reports that the professional fighter-turned-actor will not be taking up the role of the superhero, and has opted to play the villain instead.
The comic tells the story of Billy Batson, a youth who works as a radio news reporter and was chosen to be a champion of good by the wizard Shazam, reports Moviehole. Whenever Billy speaks the wizard's name, he is instantly struck by a magic lightning bolt that transforms him into an adult superhero – Captain Marvel - empowered with the abilities of six mythical figures.
According to the website, Rock will be playing is 'Black Adam", a sort-of 'villain with a conscience". Adam was a previous appointee of the wizard Shazam, but soon used his power for his own corrupt ends, which forced the wizard to punish him. That punishment removed Adam from that time, only to appear in modern times to challenge Shazam's current appointee, Billy Batson, in his Captain Marvel form.