TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Monday, October 08, 2007
Washington, (ANI): Simon West has signed on to direct “Thunder Run: The Armored Strike to Capture Baghdad". The pic is based on Pulitzer Prize-winning Los Angeles Times correspondent David Zucchino"s nonfiction book on the April 2003 Iraq War battle. West is also producing along with Freedom Films and Emmett/Furla Films.
The director said that he had decided to turn the book into a movie because Zucchino"s tome 'was one of the great accounts of modern warfare". “When I first read Zucchino"s book, I realized immediately it was one of the great accounts of modern warfare: heroic, exciting, tragic and ultimately political," The Hollywood Reporter quoted him, as saying. “I had the same feeling when I found and developed 'Black Hawk Down" with Jerry Bruckheimer."
Zucchino, originally embedded with the US Army"s 101st Airborne Division, found himself accidentally switched to 2nd Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division as it entered Baghdad in what the military calls a “thunder run." David Zucchino will also pen the screenplay.
Simon West Productions" Jib Polhemus acquired the project and will produce the film with Freedom head Brian Presley, Randall Emmett, George Furla, West, Vance J. Owen and Lawrence Abramson. Executive producers on the movie are “Black Hawk" writer Ken Nolan, Emmett/Furla"s M. Dal Walton III, Freedom"s Lisa Kearns, Thad Luckinbill and Kathryn Foster.