TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Washington (ANI): Will Smith has finally admitted that he has studied Scientology through pal Tom Cruise. The revelation comes even as rumours have been swirling that Smith and his wife Jade Pinkett-Smith will soon be becoming members of the controversial church.
However, Smith insists that Scientology is not the only religion he has made a through study of, for he"s also looked into Buddhism and Hinduism. "I've studied Buddhism and Hinduism, and I've studied Scientology through Tom [Cruise]," Usmagazine.com quoted him, as telling Men's Vogue.
The 39 year old actor who was raised Baptist, says ninety-eight percent of the principles in Scientology are identical to the principles of the Bible. "Ninety-eight percent of the principles [in Scientology] are identical to the principles of the Bible . . . . I don't think that because the word someone uses for spirit is 'thetan' that the definition becomes any different." Smith added.
A source revealed that Jada is also really in to Cruise"s religion. "She's more gung-ho about Scientology than Will," the source said. Scientology is the body of religious beliefs and related practices, which covers topics such as morals, ethics, detoxification, education and management.