TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 confirmed to have 10GB RAM and 5G support
- Thrilling Activities To Do In Bangalore
- 7 Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 20 Years Celebrations! View Pictures
- KTM 125 Duke Bookings Open In India — Launch Soon
- Top 6 Government Jobs 2018 On Oct 17
Friday, September 28, 2007
Melbourne (ANI): JJ Abrams has reportedly picked Mike Vogel to be Captain Kirk on the new 'Star Trek" prequel. According to IESB, Vogel, whose credits include “Texas Chainsaw Massacre", “Poseidon" and “Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" has been Abrams" choice for quite some time, reports Moviehole.
The two met on the set of “Cloverfield"- the giant monster movie Abrams is producing for Paramount.
Though IESB hasn"t been able to confirm the news from Vogel"s reps or the studio, the site is confident that the actor will be the one sitting in the Captain"s chair when the movie releases in 2008. Abrams is also producing "Star Trek" through his Paramount-based Bad Robot shingle.
The movie will revolve around the crew's early days at Starfleet Academy, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci wrote the screenplay and will exec produce alongside Bryan Burk and Damon Lindelof. The film is set for a Christmas Day 2008 release.