TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJPs Unofficial Ally TRS Swing Muslim Votes In their Favour — Here's How!
- Neymar Helps PSG Secure Group C Top Spot
- Force Gurkha Xtreme Launched In India
- Now Send Voice Messages On Instagram — Here Is How It Works!
- RBI Board Meeting On 14 December — No Changes On Urjit's Abrupt Exit
- Suhana's Bollywood Debut — Here Is What SRK Has To Say
- Sunny Leone's Stunning Black & White Gown For The ITA Awards
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
Friday, September 28, 2007
Melbourne (ANI): JJ Abrams has reportedly picked Mike Vogel to be Captain Kirk on the new 'Star Trek" prequel. According to IESB, Vogel, whose credits include “Texas Chainsaw Massacre", “Poseidon" and “Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" has been Abrams" choice for quite some time, reports Moviehole.
The two met on the set of “Cloverfield"- the giant monster movie Abrams is producing for Paramount.
Though IESB hasn"t been able to confirm the news from Vogel"s reps or the studio, the site is confident that the actor will be the one sitting in the Captain"s chair when the movie releases in 2008. Abrams is also producing "Star Trek" through his Paramount-based Bad Robot shingle.
The movie will revolve around the crew's early days at Starfleet Academy, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci wrote the screenplay and will exec produce alongside Bryan Burk and Damon Lindelof. The film is set for a Christmas Day 2008 release.