- Three sci-fi films just a coincidence for Zoe Saldana
- Star Trek Into Darkness casts its magic at Box Office
- Star Trek Into Darkness - Movie Review: Luminous, enchanting
- Star Trek: Into Darkness releasing in India first
- Avatar tops most-pirated films of 2010 list
- Takei celebrates new ruling over gay marriage
Friday, September 28, 2007
Melbourne (ANI): JJ Abrams has reportedly picked Mike Vogel to be Captain Kirk on the new 'Star Trek" prequel. According to IESB, Vogel, whose credits include “Texas Chainsaw Massacre", “Poseidon" and “Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" has been Abrams" choice for quite some time, reports Moviehole.
The two met on the set of “Cloverfield"- the giant monster movie Abrams is producing for Paramount.
Though IESB hasn"t been able to confirm the news from Vogel"s reps or the studio, the site is confident that the actor will be the one sitting in the Captain"s chair when the movie releases in 2008. Abrams is also producing "Star Trek" through his Paramount-based Bad Robot shingle.
The movie will revolve around the crew's early days at Starfleet Academy, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci wrote the screenplay and will exec produce alongside Bryan Burk and Damon Lindelof. The film is set for a Christmas Day 2008 release.