TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Washington (ANI): Actress Sharon Stone has proved that she deserves to be the global fund-raising chairwoman of AIDS charity AmFar, by raising more than 1.35 million dollars at an Italian charity auction on Oct 26. The 49-year-old actress offered the benefit in Rome, Italy, where she is present to attend the Rome Film Festival, Contactmusic reports.
Guests including model Eva Herzigova, director Sofia Coppola and actress Mira Sorvino accompanied the Basic Instinct star. Stone even auctioned off her own necklace for 50,000 dollars following a special request from a member of the audience.
Other things that went under the hammer included a portrait of Italian actress Alida Valli by artist Francesco Vezzoli worth 140,000 dollars and a Fendi baguette purse, worth 60,000 dollars, signed by Stone and a number of other celebrities.