TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
Monday, October 22, 2007
Washington (ANI): After being cast out from the Paramount lot, Tom Cruise made his big screen comeback with 'Lions For Lambs". After a short hiatus from the big screen after 'Mission Impossible III", the Oscar nominee made a return with the era's fiercest political debate about the Bush White House and assails post-9/11 foreign policy, especially the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, reports Variety.
Alongside Cruise are big names like Robert Redford, who is directing and starring in the film, and Meryl Streep.
The film was originally planned as a stage play and blends three storylines. Cruise plays a rightwing senator giving an interview to TV journalist Streep; Redford, a college professor, talking to one of his students about the importance of political engagement; and a more cinematic take of the battlefield repercussions in Afghanistan.
The film was screened at the Picture House in Pelham, New York on Oct 18 to raise funds for the theatre located outside Gotham.