TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Monday, October 22, 2007
Washington (ANI): After being cast out from the Paramount lot, Tom Cruise made his big screen comeback with 'Lions For Lambs". After a short hiatus from the big screen after 'Mission Impossible III", the Oscar nominee made a return with the era's fiercest political debate about the Bush White House and assails post-9/11 foreign policy, especially the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, reports Variety.
Alongside Cruise are big names like Robert Redford, who is directing and starring in the film, and Meryl Streep.
The film was originally planned as a stage play and blends three storylines. Cruise plays a rightwing senator giving an interview to TV journalist Streep; Redford, a college professor, talking to one of his students about the importance of political engagement; and a more cinematic take of the battlefield repercussions in Afghanistan.
The film was screened at the Picture House in Pelham, New York on Oct 18 to raise funds for the theatre located outside Gotham.