- Cate Blanchett Gave Away Her Exclusive Armani Scent To A Taxi Driver
- Cannes 2015 Day 7 Red Carpet: Aishwarya Rai, Cate Blanchett & More....
- Cate Blanchett Admits Lesbian Encounters Before 'Carol' Cannes Premiere
- Cannes 2015 Red Carpet: Aishwarya Rai, Cate Blanchett & More...
- Cannes Film Festival 2015 Line-Up
- Cinderella Movie Review: A Beautiful Fairy Tale
The whole incident occurred after Cate, who had played Queen Elizabeth I twice, told the Duke of Edinburgh that she worked in film. The Duke immediately asked her to fix his broken appliance. "There's a cord sticking out of the back of the machine. Might you tell me where it goes?" Contactmusic reports the Daily Telegraph as claiming the Queen's husband telling the pregnant star.
However, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace has said that he is not able to recall the Duke's meeting with Miss Blanchett. "The Duke of Edinburgh meets so many people when he is escorting the Queen on engagements," Contactmusic quoted the spokesman as saying. "These are often film stars, actors and actresses. I cannot recall an occasion recently when he might have met Miss Blanchett but we do not always get guest lists for every engagement or social function," he added.