TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
"My mom came over from South Africa and said, 'Either you figure out what to do next or you come home, because you can sulk in South Africa,"" the New York Post quoted her, as saying. "She reminded me that I loved movies. She said, 'They make them in Hollywood,' and she bought me a one-way plane ticket. When I arrived in California, I got in the cab and said, 'Take me to Hollywood,'" she added.
The 'Monster' star also revealed why she didn"t opt for losing weight and closed her chances of becoming a supermodel. "I had the capability to be a bigger model than I was. They were always telling me, 'Lose five pounds and you"ll be a supermodel.' But I saw modeling like waitressing it was a way to pay for another career, and that career was dance," she said.
Commenting on fame, she added: "I don"t like the tactics of the paparazzi, but in some ways, I almost prefer their unflattering shots to the glossy images in magazines. I like to see the human underneath."