TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
"My mom came over from South Africa and said, 'Either you figure out what to do next or you come home, because you can sulk in South Africa,"" the New York Post quoted her, as saying. "She reminded me that I loved movies. She said, 'They make them in Hollywood,' and she bought me a one-way plane ticket. When I arrived in California, I got in the cab and said, 'Take me to Hollywood,'" she added.
The 'Monster' star also revealed why she didn"t opt for losing weight and closed her chances of becoming a supermodel. "I had the capability to be a bigger model than I was. They were always telling me, 'Lose five pounds and you"ll be a supermodel.' But I saw modeling like waitressing it was a way to pay for another career, and that career was dance," she said.
Commenting on fame, she added: "I don"t like the tactics of the paparazzi, but in some ways, I almost prefer their unflattering shots to the glossy images in magazines. I like to see the human underneath."