- Colin Firth, Scarlett Johansson to star in Danny's Trance
- Firth's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy trailer debuts online
- Colin Firth wins Best Actor at the Empire Film Awards
- The King’s Speech bags four top honours at Oscar awards
- Oscar Awards 2011: complete winners list
- Colin Firth invited to design new burger bearing his name
"I've decided the quintessential Englishman I play doesn"t exist," The Daily Express quoted him, as saying. "I play him but you don't run into him very often. "There aren"t very many Mr Darcys out there. I think he's a figment of our folklore, or film lore," he added.