Washington (ANI): American writer and producer Marc Cherry has revealed that he is in talks with ABC to continue the hit drama desperate housewives for another two seasons. On viewing the ratings the show got, Cherry, 46, wanted to extend it further, and revealed his plans at a cake-cutting ceremony for the show's 100th episode.
"I started recently talks with (ABC Entertainment president) Steve McPherson and (ABC Studios president) Mark Pedowitz about continuing the show for a ninth season," the Hollywood Reporter quoted Cherry as saying. "We're going to find a way to make it work," he stated.
ABC on the other hand has confirmed the plan, but also said that no deal has been made so far for the show which is now in its fifth season. Cherry, who had, for the past year, publicly said that he intends to find a set end date for the series after seven seasons, revealed on December 10 that he has changed his mind after the show turned out as ABC's top scripted series.
"The five-year jump seems to have reinvigorated interest in the show, and the ratings are terrific," Cherry added, referring to the show's story leaping five years into the future.