TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
"The 65th Annual golmaal NBC telecast and champagne dinner in the Beverly Hilton's International Ballroom is officially canceled," People quoted the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), as saying in a statement. The sponsors of the award, HFPA, have formally announced that instead of the lavish yearly ceremony in Beverly Hills, the awards will be announced in an hour long press conference showcased on NBC.
"We are all very disappointed that our traditional awards ceremony will not take place this year and that millions of viewers worldwide will be deprived of seeing many of their favorite stars celebrating 2007's outstanding achievements in motion pictures and television," said president Jorge Camara. He added: "We take some comfort, however, in knowing that this year's Golden Globe Award recipients will be announced on the date originally scheduled."
It has been reported that even after the best efforts of the NBC and the HFPA, any hope of the ceremony taking place has been ruled off. The WGA has been on strike since early November due to a row over so-called "residuals" - royalties for work distributed online or released on DVD. The WGA has showed gratitude towards the actors" union for its "solidarity and support" and said that it is engaged in a "crucial struggle that will protect our income and intellectual property rights for generations to come".
As far as the Globe nominations are concerned, Atonement topped the list with seven nominations.