TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
"The 65th Annual golmaal NBC telecast and champagne dinner in the Beverly Hilton's International Ballroom is officially canceled," People quoted the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), as saying in a statement. The sponsors of the award, HFPA, have formally announced that instead of the lavish yearly ceremony in Beverly Hills, the awards will be announced in an hour long press conference showcased on NBC.
"We are all very disappointed that our traditional awards ceremony will not take place this year and that millions of viewers worldwide will be deprived of seeing many of their favorite stars celebrating 2007's outstanding achievements in motion pictures and television," said president Jorge Camara. He added: "We take some comfort, however, in knowing that this year's Golden Globe Award recipients will be announced on the date originally scheduled."
It has been reported that even after the best efforts of the NBC and the HFPA, any hope of the ceremony taking place has been ruled off. The WGA has been on strike since early November due to a row over so-called "residuals" - royalties for work distributed online or released on DVD. The WGA has showed gratitude towards the actors" union for its "solidarity and support" and said that it is engaged in a "crucial struggle that will protect our income and intellectual property rights for generations to come".
As far as the Globe nominations are concerned, Atonement topped the list with seven nominations.