TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
"It has been the worst break-up of my life - far worse than splitting up with any man," The Telegraph quoted her, as saying. Rowling received the award from Lord Richard Attenborough, the acclaimed director and actor, who joked that he would have loved a role in the movie adaptations of her best-selling series.
"I must be the only English actor of my generation who has got absolutely bugger all out of this extraordinary series that has been read by millions and made into movies," he said. "Surely there must have been something I could have played? Even just a few lines here and there? Don't think I didn't try!"
The Harry Potter series saw Rowling's fortunes take a turn for the better overnight since the first one was published in 1997. The 2007 Sunday Times Rich List estimated her fortune at 545 million pounds, ranking her as the 136th richest person and the 13th richest woman in Britain. Forbes has named her the second-richest female entertainer in the world the 48th most powerful celebrity of 2007.
Time magazine named Rowling as a runner up for their 2007 Person of the Year noting the social, moral, and political themes in her books and her inspired fandom.