TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The Oscar-winning Walk the Line Best Actress has partnered with Jennifer Simpson in the production company Type A Films for her production venture. "This was the first film that we found the script, found the director and did all the heavy lifting," People quoted Witherspoon, as telling the Associated Press. Penelope, which the 31-year-old star helped develop, cast, edit, drew her attention because of its very powerful female character.
"It had a really great female character who was strong, ambitious, but definitely had a journey to go through to get to the place where she would find herself," she said. Witherspoon also plays a supporting role in the movie portraying Annie, a free spirit who shows London to Penelope and helps restore her self-esteem. The star actually turned down the original idea of taking the lead herself.
"It's very freeing to play a supporting character. Those are the kind of parts I came up playing, so it was kind of nice to return to that," she said. When asked about how was it like being a producer, she said: "I got to learn a lot, things I don't normally get to touch."