TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Washington (ANI): Will Ferrell's 1970s-spoofing basketball comedy 'Semi-Pro' topped the box office over the weekend, grossing 15.3 million dollars. However, earnings were a big disappointment for they were the actor's worst opening since he made it big with 'Elf'.
In second place with an earning of 13 million USD was 'Vantage Point' starring Dennis Quaid, Matthew Fox, Forest Whitaker, Sigourney Weaver and William Hurt. Third highest grosser for the weekend, as per estimates compiled by Exhibitor Relations was 'The Spiderwick Chronicles' that raked in 8.8 million USD, reports E!Online.
The list for the top five grossing movies was rounded off by the Natalie Portman-Scarlett Johansson starrer 'The Other Boleyn Girl', and 'Jumper' starring Hayden Christensen, Rachel Bilson, Diane Lane and Samuel L. Jackson, which came in fourth and fifth place respectively.
'The Other Boleyn Girl' raked in 8.3 million USD and 'Jumper' took in 7.6 million USD at the box office over the weekend. The list for the top ten highest grossing movies over the weekend as per Exhibitor Relations is:
1. Semi-Pro, 15.3m USD
2. Vantage Point, 13m USD
3. The Spiderwick Chronicles, 8.8m USD
4. The Other Boleyn Girl, 8.3m USD
5. Jumper, 7.6m USD
6. Step Up 2: The Streets, 5.7m USD
7. Fool's Gold, 4.7m USD
8. Penelope, 4.006m USD
9. No Country for Old Men, 4.005m USD
10. Juno, 3.4m USD.