TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
"It's strange, given that I've been married four times, but I actually don't think marriage is necessary," the Telegraph quoted him, as saying in the interview to writer Kathy Lette. "Girls like it, especially if they've never been married before - it's the dress. Girls want a wedding, they don't want a marriage. If only you could have weddings without marriages."
In the interview, the 'Satanic Verses' author also revealed that he and Lakshmi went for marriage counselling to save their relationship. However, it didn't work out.