London (ANI): Comedian Sacha Baron Cohen was left in so much pain after a body bleaching process went insanely wrong that he could not sit for three days. Baron decided to bleach his body to fit into his character of a gay Austrian fashion reporter in his forthcoming flick Bruno, as he was told that mostly gays are hairless. He thought that bleaching would make his hair invisible.
However, things took a turn for worse when the bleaching gave him a burning rash , which needed emergency treatment. “Sacha is committed to as much realism as he can muster in his films. Gay. He"d heard that all-over hairlessness is a popular trend in the gay community, so he thought he"d bleach all his hair so it looked invisible," The Sun quoted a source as saying.
“But it quickly turned into a disaster. Shortly after having the procedure done he felt a burning sensation and it grew steadily worse. He had a bad allergic reaction to hydrogen peroxide, which is a strong bleaching agent. It was so severe around a certain part of his anatomy that he couldn"t sit down for three days," the source added.
Baron then met doctors and got rid of the rash within a few days. However, his crew members could not help but laugh, as Baron could not even sit for three days due to which the shooting was delayed. “He had to make an emergency appointment with the doctors, who gave him some medication to counter the irritation," the source said.
“Crew members found the whole incident hilarious and it slowed down filming for a bit, but Sacha soon got over the discomfort. He has suffered no long-lasting ill effects," the source added.
Bruno is due to hit cinemas on July 10.