TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Washington (ANI): After receiving harsh criticism for her performance of baseball anthem Take Me Out To The Ball Game at Chicago, Illinois'' Wrigley Park, former Bond girl Denise Richards has come out to explain her “awful" singing. Richards performed during the seventh innings on the Chicago Cubs'' home game with the Florida Marlins - but her off-key singing failed to go down well with fans.
"It was awful. We've had some bad versions at Wrigley Park - but that was among the worst," Contactmusic quoted one person at the game. Now, Richards has confessed that she agreed to sing the song only because Cubs officials asked her to perform in return for letting her set up an information booth for the Kidney Cancer Association during Friday''s game.
"They said, ''Will you sing?'' So I said, ''Yes, because it's for a good cause and we want to raise awareness about kidney cancer," she told E! Online.com. "I''m clearly not a singer. I wasn't doing it to show off my pipes. Thank God I wasn't singing the national anthem. But I thought it would be fun... I had no idea the backlash I would get. "It took everything in me to get up there and do that... It''s just unfortunate that doing something good was turned into such a negative," she added.