TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Washington, (ANI): Quentin Tarantino is set to be honoured with the 2009 Kirk Douglas Award for Excellence in Film for his contribution to cinema.
The Kill Bill director will receive the honour at a pre-event for the 2010 Santa Barbara International Film Festival, that will run from 4-14 February, 2010 in California.
"We are beyond excited to be able to honour a man who has turned filmmaking on its ear," Contactmusic quoted festival executive director Roger Durling as saying. “He has forever changed the direction of American cinema," Durling added.
Douglas will present the award to the Inglourious Basterds filmmaker at a gala dinner on October 22.