Washington, (ANI): Despicable Me has become the top-grossing movie this week, beating big guns like Eclipse and Toy Story 3. The Steve Carell CGI toon ruled the weekend box office with an estimated 60.1 million dollars Friday-Sunday debut.
Eclipse slipped to second with 33.4 million dollar earnings at the ticket window, and is now the top-grossing member of the Twilight Saga, having passed New Moon. Predators, the weekend's other major new release, stands at the third place with 40 million dollars, reports E! Online.
At the fourth spot is Toy Story 3, with 22 million dollars, and has become the highest-grossing Disney/Pixar movie ever. Closing in at the fifth position is The Last Airbender, with 17.2 million dollars box office earnings this weekend.
Here's a complete look at the weekend's top-grossing films, per Friday-Sunday estimates compiled by Exhibitor Relations:
1. Despicable Me, 60.1 million dollars
2. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, 33.5 million dollars
3. Predators, 25.3 million dollars
4. Toy Story 3, 22 million dollars
5. The Last Airbender, 17.2 million dollars
6. Grown Ups, 16.4 million dollars
7. Knight and Day, 7.9 million dollars
8. The Karate Kid, 5.7 million dollars
9. The A-Team, 1.8 million dollars
10. Cyrus, 1.4 million dollars