Hollywood movie Cars 2 has beaten the film Bad Teacher at the weekend Box Office. Both the movies were released on June 24, but the Pixar animated movie topped the collection chart by raking $68 million, while Bad Teacher landed in the second spot with its earning $31 million.
Pixar film Cars 2 was released in 4,115 theaters in the USA and Canada on June 24 and it has earned $68,000,000 as of June 26, 2011. Its worldwide total gross is $110,900,000 that also includes $42,900,000 in other territories. This collection happens to be the largest opening weekend for a 2011 animated title.
The R-rated comedy movie Bad Teacher was released in 3,049 theaters and it has also got a nice opening by gaining an estimated $31 million at the Box Office. According to reports, 63% of the moviegoers were women. Meanwhile, Green Lantern has landed at number three with its collection of $18.4 million.
The following are the top ten movies at Box Office for June 24-26:
- Cars 2 - $68 million
- Bad Teacher - $31 million
- Green Lantern - $18.4 million
- Super 8 - $12.1 million
- Mr. Popper's Penguins - $10.3 million
- X-Men: First Class - $6.6 million
- The Hangover Part II - $5.9 million
- Bridesmaids - $5.4 million
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - $4.7 million
- Midnight in Paris - $4.5 million