Warner Bros. Pictures' recent release Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has finally crossed the one billion dollar mark at the worldwide Box Office on Sunday. The final installment in the Harry Potter series has earned $1.01 billion, including a domestic total of $318.5 million and international cume of $690 million.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is the first movie of this summer to earn million dollors. Now, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the second movie to become part of the elite billion dollar club. The movie has tied the record for the fastest climb to $1 billion in only 17 days.
However, before this summer, there were seven movies in history that had earned $1 billion or more at the box office. Now, there are nine movies with the addition of these two summer releases. Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which has grossed $983 million, would be third movie of this summer and 10 movie in the overall list to collect $1.00 billion.
The following is the list of the billion dollar winners rank:
- Avatar ($2.8 billion)
- Titanic (1.8 billion)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King ($1.11 billion)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ($1.07 billion)
- Toy Story 3 ($1.06 billion)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (1.03 billion)
- Alice in Wonderland ($1.02 billion)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($1.01 billion)
- The Dark Knight ($1.00 billion)