- "Direction is a difficult job"- Ben Kingsley
- SHOCKING! When Sridevi REFUSED A Role In Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park
- Jurassic World 2 To Start Production Next Year In Hawaii
- Jurassic World's Record Opening Weekend: Dinosaurs Rule Box Office Globally With $511.8M
- Jurassic World Movie Review: Will Give You Jitters!
- Happy Birthday Steven Spielberg: His Best Movies
Oscar winning actor-director Richard Attenborough who is best known for Gandhi and Jurassic Park died on August 24 at the age of 90. Richard who was best known as 'Dickie Darling' presided over six decades of British film making both as an actor and director. Richard's son Michael Attenborough informed about his father death. Richard who was 90 was facing health issues with ageing.
Prime Minister David Cameron expressed his grief over the loss of a legend on Twitter. "One of the greats of cinema": "His acting in Brighton Rock was brilliant, his directing of Gandhi was stunning," said David Cameron in a statement.
His acting in "Brighton Rock" was brilliant, his directing of "Gandhi" was stunning - Richard Attenborough was one of the greats of cinema.— David Cameron (@David_Cameron) August 24, 2014
Richard made his acting debut with In Which We Serve which was based on 1942 World War II. A Bridge Too Far, A Chorus Line, Cry Freedom, 'Chaplin, The Great Escape and Shadowlands are some of his best creations.
Richard was suffering from health issues since 2008 and he spent his last few years with wife at a nursing home.