TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Adam Sandler has topped Forbes' list of most overpaid actors 2014 for the second year. The magazine said that although his latest release 'Grown Ups 2' did well, it was unable to cover loses from his other projects 'Jack and Jill' and 'That's My Boy'.
He is estimated to return USD 3.20 for every USD 1 paid. The list also includes Johnny Depp and Ben Stiller in second and third spot respectively. Depp gained major profit by playing Jack Sparrow in 'Pirates of Caribbean'. However, he also has some under performing movies such as 'The Lone Ranger' and 'Dark Shadows'.
He approximately returns USD 3.20 for every USD 1 paid. Stiller's movies like 'Tower Heist' and 'The Watch (2012)' also did not well, earning him a spot on the annual list. He's estimated to return USD 4.80 for every USD 1 paid. Ryan Reynolds and Tom Hanks are rounding out the top five, respectively returning USD 4.90 and USD 5.20 for every USD 1 paid. Channing Tatum is also named one of the most overpaid actors.
Taking the seventh spot on the list, Forbes noted that despite the huge success of 'Magic Mike', he also starred in under performing film 'White House Down'. Sandra Bullock is the only female star on the list. Other spots are taken by Will Ferrell, Denzel Washington and Ben Affleck. Forbes used their Celebrity 100 list and data from Box Office Mojo to compile the list. The films mentioned are the actors' three latest major works. Animated features are not included.