- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Celebrates Mom Vrinda Rai's Birthday With Aaradhya; Spotted On A Dinner Date
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Gives It Back To Haters Who Think She Is All About Only Looks!
- Cut To 1994: Aishwarya Rai Reveals Why She Cried After Losing 'Miss Universe' Title To Sushmita Sen
- Kareena Kapoor NOT INTERESTED In Working With Shahrukh Khan? Good Prospects For Aishwarya & Deepika
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Latest Instagram Posts Will Remind You Of Your Own School Days!
- Sorry Aishwarya Rai! Kareena Kapoor Khan Won't Follow Your Footsteps When It Comes To This Thing
- What Happened When Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Bumped Into Mahira Khan At Cannes? Get Ready For SURPRISE!
- Not The Khans! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Says Her Husband Abhishek Bachchan Is Her Favorite Actor
- WEIRD! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Turns A Victim Of Trolling; Gets Slammed For Kissing Aaradhya On Lips
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: We As Women Need To Stop Judging Each Other
- Does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Regret Rejecting Big Banner Films Starring Shahrukh Khan & Aamir Khan?
- Is She Still Angry? Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Breaks Silence On Blasting PR Team Over Instagram Goof Up
It is the birthday of gorgeous Indian beauty, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. The Bollywood actress has earned a name not just in India but at international platform as well. In late 2004, Rai garnered international recognition for her starring role opposite Martin Henderson in Gurinder Chadha's British film Bride and Prejudice, a Bollywood-style adaptation of Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice.
Since then, the Global Goddess has worked in some Hollywood movies which has made her a common name worldwide. Aishwarya Rai has played some magnificent roles in some Hollywood movies. Her Hollywood journey commenced from Bride and Prejudice. Directed by Gurinder Chadha, it was a romantic Bollywood-style adaptation of Jane Austen's novel of the same name.
After Bride and Prejudice, Ash was seen in The Mistress of Spices which got negative reviews. Credibility of the Indian beauty was questioned as an actor after the failure of this movie. However, Ash came back with Provoked which won many accolades. Not just the true story, but her acting was also appreciated by fans and critics. Her next big venture was Pink Panther 2 which too fared well.
Starting from Bride and Prejudice where Ash played a strong Indian woman to a thief in Pink Panther 2, we have some of the Hollywood movies that added to the global recognition of former Miss World, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Hollywood Movie Roles Of Aishwarya Rai We Love: Birthday Special
Lalita Bakshi In Bride and Prejudice
Bride and Prejudice is a Bollywood-style adaptation of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Aishwarya Rai played a Punjabi young girl who helps her father in his business. Lalita falls in love with Darcy (Martin Henderson) who is arrogant and intolerant towards India and its culture.
Kiranjit Ahluwalia In Provoked
Playing a battered life in this movie based on real story, Aishwarya won many positive feedback for her role. Aishwarya played Kiranjit Ahluwalia, a non-resident Indian who gets abused for 10 years by husband and then finally kills him.
Sonia Solandres In The Pink Panther 2
In the sequel of American detective comedy starring Jean Reno, Rai portrayed the role of Sonia Solandres, a seductive criminology expert who is actually the thief!
Mira In The Last Legion
Ash tired her hands in action genre as well. In this 2007 movie, Aishwarya played Mira who assist the Roman Commander in planning an escape of 12-year old Romulus Augustus Caesar from a prison.
Tilo In Mistress of Spices
In the romantic fantasy film, Aishwarya Rai played Tilo, a clairvoyant immigrant from India who runs a spice store. Although the movie did not do well at the box office, Ash played a hot mistress who crosses her boundaries after falling in love with a young American man, Doug (Dylan McDermott).