- Oops! Amal Clooney Suffers Malfunction At First Wedding Annivesary Celebrations
- George Clooney Celebrated First Wedding Anniversary With Amal Without Gifts!
- Amal Clooney Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction In Golden Dress, Flashes Briefs
- Amal Clooney To Enter Film Industry? Taking Acting Classes
- Amal Clooney Steals Limelight at Tokyo Premiere of 'Tomorrowland'
- George Clooney Reveals How He Proposed To Amal
Newly wed British human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin has taken her husband's last name, Clooney. Amal who tied the knot with Hollywood star George Clooney last month, has taken her husband's last name and wants to be addressed as "Amal Clooney".
Amal arrived in Athens Monday for a new case and changed her last name on the website of her law firm Doughty Street Chambers.
It was previously reported that she had changed her name to Amal Alamuddin Clooney, but now it has been revealed that she has dropped her maiden name. It is said that Amal change of surname has gathered some criticism from feminists. Some feel that a woman should not necessarily drop her maiden name just to pick up the last name of her husband.
Unsurprisingly, these feminists belong to the same white, middle-class, liberal group for whom name-changing is a crucial issue of personal identity, tied up with career concerns, symbolic ownership of children, and self-reflexive displays of autonomy, reports theguardian.com
The duo got married in Venice in September and apparently enjoyed a honeymoon in London. It was a star-studded dream wedding.