- Mariah Carey, Nicky Minaj quit American Idol
- American Idol Season 12 spectacular finale Live in India
- I don't think Mariah Carey is ever in need of a job: Nick Cannon
- Big CBS love launches American Idol Season 12 exclusively in India
- American Idol crew takes a dig at The Voice and X Factor
- Simon Fuller's lawyer attacks Cowell over X Factor lawsuit
Former "American Idol" contestant Joanne Borgella died at the age of 32 following a year-old battle with cancer.
Borgella's family members shared the news via post on her Facebook page after her death on Saturday, reports dailymail.co.uk.
"With heavy hearts, we are deeply saddened to announce the passing of our beloved Joanne," read the post.
"At an early age, Joanne made a choice to serve and trust the Lord; and since her diagnosis over a year ago, Joanne made a choice to also be a fighter and share her journey with the world," further read the post.
The singer was suffering from a rare form of endometrial cancer. She had earlier shared that she was suffering from a "rare case" of cancer.
Borgella first came to the spotlight when she appeared on Miss F.A.T. pageant in 2005. She was later seen on the seventh season of singing reality show "American Idol" in 2008.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Joanne and her family.