- Marilyn Monroe : Secrets & Facts You Need To Learn About Her!
- Iconic Magazine Covers Which Made History: Caitlyn, Kim & More
- NEW PIC: Kim Kardashian Goes Topless For Vogue Brazil
- Blonde Kim Kardashian Channels Marilyn Monroe, Looks Like A 60's Icon
- Marilyn Monroe's Love Letters, Brassiere, Coat & Other Belongings Auctioned
- Nargis Fakhri carried away by Brian Olsen's painting at 'Chivas Art'
A rare negative of legendary actress Marilyn Monroe which was taken before she shot to stardom, was sold at an auction for 4,250 pounds. This rare and classic pic of Marilyn Monroe was taken during her first professional photo shoot when she was 20-years-old. The auctioned image was taken at Zuma Beach in Malibu.
The black and white pic was photographed in 1946 when Norma Jeane Mortenson (Marilyn Monroe) was a factory girl and hoping to become a model.
The picture, along with the negative and copyright, was sold for £4,250. It had been expected to fetch between £5,000 and £8,000 in Wiltshire, England on September 20th, 2014.
Despite the lower figure, auctioneer Andrew Aldridge said he was "quite happy" with the result. Mr Aldridge, from Henry Aldridge and Sons in Devizes, Wiltshire, said: "It was an exceptionally unusual item and to be able to include the copyright added another dimension as we only usually sell the physical item."
The pictures made photographer Joseph Jasgur famous and helped create the legendary star who went on to become Marilyn Monroe.