- Julianne Hough Suffers Major Nip Slip At DWTS Party
- Noah Galloway Goes On Knees, Proposes Jamie Boyd On DWTS' Semifinal
- Dale! Pitbull To Host 2014 American Music Awards
- Julianne Hough To Judge 'Dancing With The Stars'?
- Jhalak... 7 Judge Maksim Chmerkovskiy Leaves India Without Saying Goodbye?
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Trashes Rumour Of Tiff With Jhalak 7 Organisers, Calls It Bull...!
- Who Is Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 11 Things We Need To Know About The New Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 7 Judge!
- Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 7 Judge Maksim Chmerkovskiy: “I Asked Madhuri Dixit To Participate In DWTS!"
- Jhalak 7's New Judge Maksim Chmerkovskiy Denies Dating Jennifer Lopez!
- Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 7: Karan Tacker Gets New Choreographer- Elena Samodanova! (Pics)
- 12 Reasons You Dont Want To Miss The Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 7 Premier Tonight! (Pics)
- Bad News: Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Delayed In Joining Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 7!
Well love can happen anywhere and with anyone! After the grand premiere of the new season of Dancing With The Stars, we decided to take down the list of dancing couples who made news not just for their dancing abilities but also for their hookups.
'The Bachelor and The Bachelorette' is not the only TV show where you find love and a good partner. Dancing With The Stars has been another (informal) platform where stars fell in love with their choreographers. Most of the affairs started off strong but ended eventually. Maksim Chmerkovskiy has been in news for his many link ups at DWTS seasons. For example, Maksim has been romantically linked with Karina Smirnoff (once fiance) and even Meryl Davis who is apparently 'just friends'. However, the rumoured boyfriend of Jennifer Lopez has been very impressive when it comes to dancing.
Some actually fell in love but many just tried showmance to get more votes and be in the news as well. Here is a look at the hookups we have seen on Dancing With The Stars.
Dancing With The Stars: Hookups & Breakups
Karina Smirnoff and Mario Lopez
This is the longest hookup seen in Dancing With The Stars. The couple dated for about 2 years after being partners in season 3. However, in 2008, they broke up. Mario Lopez's infidelity was rumoured to be the reason behind their split.
Karina Smirnoff and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Dancers Maksim and Karina got engaged shortly after her split with Mario Lopez. Unfortunately, the professional dancers called off their engagement the same year.
Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Maksim has made many news in every season of DWTS. He was also rumoured to be dating Meryl but later it was said that they were 'just friends'.
Sabrina Bryan and Mark Ballas
We don't know if it was a real or a showmance, but after dating for a few months, the dancing couple who starred in season 5 called it an end. However, Sabrina cheered for her ex-beau the following year on the show.
Shannon Elizabeth and Derek Hough
After dancing on the floor in season 6, the couple dated for nearly a year and then broke up. "Hi everyone, we wanted you all to know directly from us, that Shannon & I have decided to end our relationship as boyfriend & girlfriend...," Hough tweeted. "However, we love and care about each other very much and will remain friends and in each others lives," Elizabeth concluded on Twitter.
Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough
They were the only couple who entered the Dancing With The Stars competition when they were dating. However, after elimination, the couple split shortly after.