- Christian Bale's Birthday: His Incredible Body Transformations
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Movie Review: Visually Perfect!
- Christian Bale's Body Transformations For Movies Over The Years
- Hollywood Celebrities Who Are Nightmares To Work With!
- Oscars 2016 Nominations : Complete List & Live Updates!
- Hollywood Actors Who Gained Weight & Bloated For Their Movies
- Swoon Over These Charming & Handsome British Actors
Hollywood's forthcoming Moses movie - Exodus: Gods and Kings is in trouble long before it is released. As soon as the trailer of the upcoming movie was dropped, the hashtag #boycottexodusmovie has been trending on Twitter.
The director of Exodus: Gods and Kings Ridley Scott has been criticised over the decision to cast white actors to play Egyptians.
Tweets like '#BoycottExodusMovie because it is a blunt disregard of historic facts!' and 'Blacks only cast as slaves, thieves...Not the Kings and Queens? I hope @ExodusMovie bombs at the box office..' have been seen on the feed under the hashtag.
Meanwhile, director of Exodus: Gods and Kings, Ridley Scott has told Variety that casting was a business decision.
"I can't mount a film of this budget, where I have to rely on tax rebates in Spain, and say that my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such," Scott said.
"I'm just not going to get it financed. So the question doesn't even come up," he added.
However, in August, Scott had something else to say. "We cast major actors from different ethnicities to reflect the diversity of culture, from Iranians to Spaniards to Arabs," he told Yahoo.
Earlier also the film had been in controversy after Christian Bale described his role as 'barbaric' and 'schizophrenic'.