- Dakota Johnson Arranged A Special Tribute For Her Mother In Fifty Shades Darker
- Dakota Johnson Wants To Continue Her Family Tradition Of Secret Marriage
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Actress Is Uncertain About Her Future!
- Dakota Johnson Is So Over The Hot Scenes In Fifty Shades Of Grey Sequels!
- Check Out Some Of The Famous Celebrity Lookalikes in Hollywood!
- OMG! Dakota Johnson's Dress Breaks On The People's Choice Awards Stage!
- WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres Gifts Dakota Johnson A Flogger, Riding Crop & Handcuffs
- HOC's James Foley To Direct Fifty Shades Darker, Expect The Sequel To Be Thrilling!
- James Foley To Direct Fifty Shades Darker
- Happy Birthday Christian Grey! Inside EL James' 'Grey'
- Fifty Shades Darker To Have Uncut Scenes, Cast To Expand
- Ellen Shares Fifty Shades Darker Extended Trailer
It is the birthday of Dakota Johnson. Yes, she is the same Hollywood actress who is being known as Anastasia Steele! Well, this is not her second name but the name of her character that would be seen in the much awaited erotic Hollywood movie, Fifty Shades of Grey.
Dakota Johnson has acted in some moves before as well, but her role as Anastasia Steele has shot her to immense fame. No wonder this was expected as the movie which is a film adaptation of E.L. James' bestseller book Fifty Shades of Grey has a huge fan following worldwide.
Before Dakota Johnson landed this role in the BDSM themed movie, she was not well known in Hollywood. She gained recognition after her role in The Social Network.
However, very little is known about Dakota. Thus, we decided to share some facts about the birthday girl, Dakota Johnson who turns 25 this year.
Facts About Dakota Johnson aka Anastasia Steele: Birthday Special
Dakota is the daughter of Golden Globe-winning actor Don Johnson and Academy Award-nominated actress Melanie Griffith. On her mother's side, she is a granddaughter of advertising executive and former child actor Peter Griffith and Golden Globe-winning actress Tippi Hedren, and half-niece of actress Tracy Griffith and production designer Clay A. Griffith.
Dakota made her debut in 1999's "Crazy in Alabama" which also starred her mother Melanie Griffith. However, Dakota's first hit was The Social Network which released in 2010. Dakota was also seen in the remake of "21 Jump Street".
Her Facebook Experience
Dakota is not on FB. In an interview with Hello! magazine, she said "I was on Facebook until I caught myself being a psycho stalker. That's when I chose to stop."
Drug and Alcohol Addiction
Yes, the star kid had her bad times as well. Dakota did complete a 30-day rehab program at the Visions Teen Treatment Center in Malibu in September of 2007.
Dakota in this young age has already played the lead role in 2012's Fox show "Ben And Kate." This marked her TV debut.
Although acting is in her genes, Dakota has tried her hands in modeling as well. She modeled at the age of 12 for Teen Vogue. She has modeled for Mango in 2009 and shot the "Rising Star" campaign for Australian fashion label Wish in 2011.