- It’s Time For Us To Embrace Donald Trump Says Matthew McConaughey
- Matthew McConaughey Is Selfishly Faithful To His Wife Camila Alves
- Matthew McConaughey Recalls How His Mother Slammed Him For Abbreviated Name
- Matthew McConaughey Thought Wife Would Reject His Marriage Proposal
- INSIDE PICS! Akshay Kumar, Parineeti, Abhishek With Salma Hayek, Matthew McConaughey In Dubai!
- Matthew McConaughey Doesn't Look Like This Anymore!
- Celebrity PDAs & Kisses At Cannes Red Carpet: Nicole Kidman, Brangelina & More...
- Cannes 2015 Red Carpet: Aishwarya Rai, Cate Blanchett & More...
- Cannes Film Festival 2015 Line-Up
- Dallas Buyers Club Judgement: Australians To Pay For Illegal Download
- Most Romantic Celebrity Proposal Stories That Made Us 'Aww'
- Oscar Best Acceptance Speeches By 2014 Winners
- Matthew McConaughey Honoured With A Star At Hollywood Walk of Fame
One of the most talented Hollywood stars of the present, Matthew McConaughey is celebrating his birthday today (November 4th). The Oscar winner has turned 45 today. Matthew McConaughey got noticed in 2003 with the comedy movie, Dazed and Confused.
Matthew McConaughey came to be known as a romantic hero in 2000s after acting in hit movies like romantic comedies, including The Wedding Planner (2001), How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003), Failure to Launch (2006), Fool's Gold (2008) and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009).
However, the actor shifted from the romantic comedy genre in 2010 by picking up movies like The Lincoln Lawyer (2011), Bernie (2011), Killer Joe (2011), The Paperboy (2012), Mud (2012), Magic Mike (2012) and The Wolf of Wall Street (2013).
Matthew McConaughey won his first Academy Award in 2013 for portraying a cowboy diagnosed with AIDS in the biographical film Dallas Buyers Club. Apart from changing his look completely for the movie by losing oodles of weight, Matthew also got a lot of appreciation for his acting in this movie.
Matthew McConaughey will be next seen in Interstellar which is all set to hit the theatres on November 5th in North America and a wide release on November 7, 2014. As it is the birthday of the handsome and rough American star, here is a look at some of the best movies of Matthew McConaughey which are worth appreciating.
Happy Birthday Matthew McConaughey: His Best Movies
Dallas Buyers Club
Matthew won his first Academy Award for portraying the role of an AIDS patient in the biographical film.
A Time To Kill
The drama film adaptation of John Grisham's 1989 novel of the same name was a critical as well as commercial success which shot Matthew McConaughey to fame as it was his big break. Matthew plays a white lawyer who fights to give justice to the father of a 10-year-old black girl who was raped.
The thriller movie is a nice watch with Matthew playing a reporter. Although Nicole Kidman got most of the attention for her bold role, Matthew and other stars like Zac Efron also played their roles to perfection.
The Wedding Planner
Matthew got a lot of accolades for his role in this classic rom-com movie opposite Jennifer Lopez.
How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
Another romantic comedy starring Matthew and Kate Hudson, this is one of the films you must watch.
Matthew McConaughey received an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Male Lead in this Gothic crime drama.
The Lincoln Lawyer
The movie was not just a critical success but took Matthew McConaughey's career to the next level.
The movie is roughly based on the early life of Channing Tatnum as a stripper in Tampa. However, the classic and sensuous stripping scenes of Matthew will leave you amazed!
Mud was named one of the Top Ten Independent Films of 2013 by the National Board of Review with a strong performance by Matthew McConaughey.
The Wolf Of Wall Street
He has given one of his best performances as the boss, and not to forget the quotes and lessons.