- Jennifer Love Hewitt Pregnant With Second Child!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt's digital breast reduction!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt in harrowing rape-victim role
- Jennifer Love Hewitt is happily single
- Jennifer Love Hewitt's Ghost Whisperer axed
- Robert Pattinson is the next choice of Jennifer
- Robin Williams' 1st Death Anniversary: Stars Pay Tribute
Good news for all the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' movie fans. The thriller movie will be apparently rebooted by the Sony Pictures.
Sony-based Neil Moritz, who produced the 1997 title starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, is set to produce the reboot through his Original Film banner.
"I Know What You Did Last Summer" was based on the 1973 novel of the same name by Lois Duncan. The first one from the thriller series did great business at worldwide box office ($125 million). Then came to sequels 'I Still Know What You Did Last Summer' and 'I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer'.
Also starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe and Freddie Prinze Jr., the thriller is about four teens who run over a pedestrian. To avoid getting into trouble, the friends dispose the body into the water. Suddenly, they get an anonymous message, "I know what you did last summer", and then the killer starts stalking the four friends.
Flanagan who wrote Oculus will also co-write the script with Jeff Howard. Flanagan tweeted,
Happy to be writing a new "I Know What You Did Last Summer." (I'm NOT, however, directing or producing... Not sure where that came from)— Mike Flanagan (@flanaganfilm) September 15, 2014
The news about the reboot of the thriller movie was first reported by Deadline.com.
Watch the trailer of the classic thriller.