- Iconic Magazine Covers Which Made History: Caitlyn, Kim & More
- Lauren Bacall: Interesting Things To Know About The American Star
- Lauren Bacall comes down heavily on Twilight
- NOT SALMAN OR AAMIR! From Leonardo DiCaprio To Daniel Radcliffe, All Want To WORK With Shahrukh Khan
- SCANDALOUS! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's NARROW ESCAPE From Being SEXUALLY HARASSED By Harvey Weinstein!
- READ THIS! Leave Bollywood, Baahubali Prabhas Talks About Hollywood Offers!
We were not yet over the shock of the tragic death of Oscar winning Robin Williams when another Hollywood legend, Lauren Bacall passed away on Tuesday. The Academy Honorary Award winning actress apparently died after suffering a heart stroke at her home in New York.
Lauren suffered a heart attack on Tuesday morning at her apartment in Manhattan's landmark Dakota Building. The Humphrey Bogart Estate announced her death on its Facebook page, saying, "With deep sorrow for the magnitude of our loss, yet with great gratitude for her amazing life, we confirm the passing of Lauren Bacall."
After modelling, Lauren Bacall made her acting debut at the age of 17 and starred in a series of hit films like How to Marry a Millionaire, Sex and the Single Girl and Designing Woman. Lauren Bacall was known as one of the sexiest and successful American actresses at her time who had a sultry and husky voice. Her first shoot for Harper's Bazaar at the age of 19 is still one of the classic covers.
Lauren's best work was opposite her husband, Humphrey Bogart. She acted in several 1940s classics like The Big Sleep, Key Largo and Dark Passage opposite Humphrey. The duo met on the set of 1944's To Have and Have Not. She was 19 and he was 44 who was married to his 3rd wife, Mayo Methot. The romance brewed between them and Lauren and Humphrey tied the knot in 1945.
Their romance was the talk of the town and Lauren and Humphrey were one of the most talked about Hollywood couples at that time. However, the marriage did not last long and after 12 years, Humphrey died at the age of 57 due to lung cancer.
Our thoughts and prayers go to Lauren's family and her loved ones who are dealing with a tragic loss.