- Iconic Magazine Covers Which Made History: Caitlyn, Kim & More
- Lauren Bacall, The Gorgeous American Actress Dead
- Lauren Bacall comes down heavily on Twilight
- NOT SALMAN OR AAMIR! From Leonardo DiCaprio To Daniel Radcliffe, All Want To WORK With Shahrukh Khan
- SCANDALOUS! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's NARROW ESCAPE From Being SEXUALLY HARASSED By Harvey Weinstein!
- READ THIS! Leave Bollywood, Baahubali Prabhas Talks About Hollywood Offers!
- SAD! Deepika Padukone FAILS To Impress Hollywood, Did Everything To Be As Popular As Priyanka Chopra
- BREAKING NEWS! Kichcha Sudeep To Enter Hollywood!
- Deepika Padukone's Hollywood Dreams CRUSHED; Producers LINING UP To Sign Priyanka Chopra In The West
- Lindsay Lohan's Mystery Boyfriend Comes To Light!
- Nargis Fakhri Talks About Similarities Between Bollywood & Hollywood
- Hrithik Roshan Confirms His Hollywood Debut
After the tragic death of Robin Williams, the stunning American actress Lauren Bacall died at the age of 69. The sultry actress with a husky voice started her career in the 1940s which lasted for more than 70 years. For those of you who are not aware of the legendary Hollywood actress, then here is a quick recap on the actress and information on her that you must know.
Lauren Bacall is the Academy Honorary Award winning actress apparently died after suffering a heart stroke at her home in New York. Lauren Bacall was known as one of the sexiest and successful American actresses at her time who had a sultry and husky voice. Her first shoot for Harper's Bazaar at the age of 19 is still one of the classic covers.
Lauren's best work was opposite her husband, Humphrey Bogart. She acted in several 1940s classics like The Big Sleep, Key Largo and Dark Passage opposite Humphrey. The duo met on the set of 1944's To Have and Have Not.
Lauren Bacall has been parodied in cartoons, and she was even used as a reference and subject in many hit songs. For example, Lauren was the subject of the 2008 song, "Just Like Lauren Bacall", written by Kevin Roth. Lauren was also referenced in Madonna's hit 90s song, "Vogue".
Here are some interesting things you should know about Lauren Bacall, the sultry and husky-voiced American legendary actress.
Lauren Bacall: Interesting Things To Know About The American Star-
Lauren was born on September 16th, 1924 to Jewish parents. She was a first cousin to Shimon Peres, the ninth President of Israel.
She started her career as a model
Lauren Bacall started her career as a model. Before her breakthrough acting career, Lauren was a part time model in New York. This is a famous and classic photoshoots of Lauren Bacall which was for Harper Bazaar's cover in 1943. The actress was 19 then.
She shot to fame with To Have and Have Not in 1944 opposite Humphrey Bogart. She acted in several 1940s classics like The Big Sleep, Key Largo and Dark Passage opposite Humphrey. Lauren is one of the talented and most cherished actresses who worked in the industry for about 70 years!
Her affair with Humphrey Bogart
The duo met on the set of 1944's To Have and Have Not. She was 19 and he was 44 who was married to his 3rd wife, Mayo Methot. The romance brewed between them and Lauren and Humphrey tied the knot in 1945. Their romance was the talk of the town and Lauren and Humphrey were one of the most talked about Hollywood couples at that time. However, the marriage did not last long and after 12 years, Humphrey died at the age of 57 due to esophageal cancer.
The Look Creator
During screen tests for To Have and Have Not (1944), Bacall was nervous. To minimize her quivering, she pressed her chin against her chest and to face the camera, tilted her eyes upward. This effect became known as "The Look", Bacall's trademark.
The addiction to smoke
Both Bogart and Lauren were addicted to smoking cigarettes. Be it on the sets, awards or vacations, Lauren was always snapped with a lit cigarette.
One of the hottest actresses of the time
Lauren was and will be one of the hottest American actresses who is not only known for her looks, style but also for her husky-voice.