- 2017 Is Going To Be Noah's Year: Miley Cyrus
- Christmas Always Makes Me Feel Deeply Sad Says Miley Cyrus
- Legalisation Of Marijuana In California Makes Miley Cyrus Happy
- Miley Cyrus's Mother And Sister To Feature In A Reality Show
- Woody Allen Is A Great Fan Of Miley Cyrus
- Will Never Walk A Red Carpet Again: Miley Cyrus
- Pink does a Janet Jackson boob flashing stunt
Miley Cyrus' MTV VMA date Jesse Helt is in trouble. Jessee has got a six-month jail sentence on Tuesday for violating probation, NBC News reports.
The 22-year-old and his lawyer had asked the judge for leniency. Helt, who was allowed to speak on his own behalf, said he'd "like to be viewed as a good person." However, Judge Monte Campbell cited continuing probation violations as the reason to revoke his probation and send him to jail.
After Miley won Video of the Year for "Wrecking Ball," at MTV VMAs earlier in August, she asked Helt to accept the award on her behalf.
In an emotional speech, Helt shared his personal story of being homeless in the United States. He said, "My name is Jesse, and I'm accepting this award on behalf of 1.6 million runaways and homeless youth who are starving lost and scared right now. I know this because I am one of these people. I have survived in shelters all over this city... Though I may have been invisible to you on the streets I have a lot of the same dreams that brought many of you here tonight."
Jesse Helt was first arrested in 2010 on misdemeanor charges. In 2011, he failed to meet with his assigned probation officer and complete his required community service.