- Did You Know These Celebrities Were Gay!
- Celebrities Post Adorable Pics Of Their Easter Celebrations!
- Mark It: Oscars 2016 Nominations & Show Dates Revealed
- Awkward Oscar 2015 Moments We Wish Were Deleted!
- Oscars 2015: Neil Patrick Harris Sings, Jokes, Strips But Fails To Bring 'Fun'
- Oscars 2015: Best & Unseen Moments From The Biggest Night
Actor Neil Patrick Harris who tied the knot with his longtime partner David Burtka, says they got married for the sake of their children - Harper and Gideon. The couple tied the knot earlier this month after dating for 10 years. It was an Italian wedding and Neil Patrick Harris surprised his fans by posting his wedding pic on Twitter. He captioned, "Guess what? @DavidBurtka and I got married over the weekend. In Italy. Yup, we put the 'n' and ‘d' in ‘husband'."
"How I Met Your Mother" star shared reasons that prompted him to walk down the aisles on "The View", a talk show.
"I think when our kids got to the age when they were having reasonable conversations where they're asking lots of 'why' questions, then it seemed (important) to be able to have a real clear-cut (identity) of who their daddy is - that he's my husband, it was easier than partner or boyfriend," he said.
The 41-year-old actor tied the knot in Italy with only 45 guests present at the destination wedding. Neil said, "We did it as a destination wedding, and it kept the numbers down. I just wanted to be able to say nice things about David to David in front of the people that mattered the most to us. It was less about a proclamation and more about a declaration that I was able to share in front of our kids." The couple are dads to twins Gideon and Harper, who were born via a surrogate mother in 2010.